Ground Transportation (Mileage, Car Rental, Bus, Taxi, Etc.)
University policy states you can claim miles driven or original gas receipts. If the mileage exceeds 1,000 miles round trip, a flight quote reflecting the drive cost less than or equal to the flight cost.
- Mileage is calculated using the GSA rates: https://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/100715
- The expense type to use in Concur is “Personal Car Mileage - 77030”. This expense type will automatically figure the mileage if you use the mileage calcuator within this expense type.
Select Personal Car Mileage (77030) - The page refreshes with the required and optional fields displayed, including the Mileage Calculator link
- Click on the Mileage Calculator link and the Google Mileage Calculator window automatically displays, and you can enter your point-to-point routes
University policy states you will need to attach a detailed car rental receipt reflecting the amount paid.
- Receipt/itinerary from on-line travel service (Hotwire, Priceline, etc.) reflecting cost, and payment method (e.g., Visa **** **** **** 1234) and evidence of full payment.
- Absent the proper itinerary and receipt, additional information may be requested, including but not limited to detailed receipt from rental car agency indicating payment of any balance due, and/or a copy of the traveler's credit card statement reflecting the charge.
The expense type to use in Conur is "Taxi, Tolls, Parking-Domestic (77030)"
- Select Taxi, Tolls, Parking-Domestic (77030) expense type - the page refreshes with the required and optional fields displayed.
Follow by the University receipt threshold guidelines when adding ground transportation expenses to your expense report.