Travel Card FAQs
- What is the travel card?
- Who is eligible to receive a travel card?
- How do I apply for the travel card?
- Will the travel card impact my personal credit?
- What are the benefits of using the travel card?
- How do I enroll in the Card Rewards program?
- What is the difference between the Travel Card and the Procard?
- What is the difference between the Travel Card and the Meeting Card?
- What happens if I transfer to another department or terminate employment at the University?
- When do I use the travel card?
- Can I use this travel card abroad (in foreign currency)?
- Can I use the travel card for personal expenses?
Billing, Payment, Reconciliation
- What if the travel card is lost or stolen?
- What if I am late in making the card payment?
- Who makes the payment on the travel card?
- What if I detect fraudulent charges on the card?
- Can I manage my travel card account online?
- Can I change or cancel a payment I have scheduled online in PaymentNet?
Card Limits and Thresholds
- Who should I contact to change the credit limit on the card?
- Can I use the travel card for cash at an ATM machine?
- Back to top
- Problems accessing PaymentNet
- Password reset
- Credit limit changes
- Cash advance set up/change
- Overpayment made and cardholder needs refund
- Help with making an online payment in PaymentNet
- Cardholder changes department
- Card suspended or closed)
- Cardholder employment status change
- Make a payment over the phone
- Out of town travel notification
- Card is lost/stolen
- Fraud charges/disputed charges
- Transaction declined
Enrollment, Rewards, Use
The University offers a Chase VISA travel card to current faculty and staff members who incur business expenses and/or travel expenses that are reimbursable by the University.
Any current faculty or staff member who has University business travel or expense needs can apply for a travel card. In some cases, students may be eligible to apply for a travel card also. Please call 631-4289 for more information or apply for a travel card by completing the Travel Card Application and User Agreement Form (100k PDF).
Apply for a travel card by completing the Travel Card Application and User Agreement Form (100k PDF).
No. Your personal credit history will not be accessed by applying for or using a travel card.
The travel card offers the following advantages:
- Less data entry: travel card charges can automatically be imported into an expense report in Concur
- Easier record keeping: using the travel card allows you one card that is designated for business expenses only, since it may not be used for personal charges
- Less forgotten reimbursements: card transactions remain visible in Concur until they are imported into an expense report
You can enroll in the Chase Rewards program by contacting Chase at 800-316-6056. Please note that there is an annual fee of $75 for membership in the rewards program. The university cannot reimburse you for Rewards Program membership fees. Click here to view the Chase Rewards Program Catalog.
You can continue to use the Travel Card if you change positions or departments if in your new position you’ll continue to have University business travel or expense needs. If this results in change of address for travel card purposes, be sure to complete the Travel Card Application and User Agreement Form (100k PDF).
However, if you terminate your employment or retire from the University, you must surrender your card. Please contact the Procurement Help Desk at 631-4289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel the card.
The travel card should be used for business-travel and entertainment related expenses. It can also be used for reimbursable expenses other than travel and entertainment while traveling. Please note that the travel card is not a replacement for a Procard.
Yes, the travel card can be used wherever VISA is accepted. The charges in foreign currency will be converted to US Dollars based on the exchange rate on the date of the transaction. A small transaction fee, which is reimbursable by the university, may apply.
The contract between the University and JPMorgan Chase prohibits users from placing personal charges on the travel card.
Billing, Payment, Reconciliation
Please call Chase immediately at 800-316-6056 if your travel card is lost or stolen. Protection from fraudulent charges does not apply until Chase is notified.
Finance and/or late fees will be charged for late and missed payments. On time payment of all charges each billing cycle are the cardholder’s sole responsibility. Finance or late fees are not reimbursable by the University. Further, your card may be cancelled as a result. Please refer to the terms in the Travel Card Application and User Agreement Form (100k PDF) to fully understand your responsibilities associated with the travel card.
The individual cardholder is responsible for paying the total balance due each statement period.
Please call Chase immediately at 800-316-6056. Protection from fraudulent charges does not apply until Chase is notified.
Yes. Your travel card account can be accessed by visiting www.paymentnet.jpmorgan.com. You can view transactions, schedule payments, and download statements by logging into this site. If you need help accessing the website, contact Procurement Services. The site is best supported using Internet Explorer.
Yes, you may cancel a payment or change the dollar amount or date of a payment you have set up in PaymentNet within the following guidelines:
- Up to two days before the date of your scheduled payment via PaymentNet.
- Note: If you attempt to modify a payment in PaymentNet within the two day period before the payment date you have scheduled, the originally scheduled payment will be withdrawn from your bank account.
- Additionally, payments set up in PaymentNet may not be canceled or changed by calling Chase Customer Service or by a Notre Dame Chase Program Administrator in Procurement Services.
Card Limits and Thresholds
Please complete the Travel Card Application and User Agreement Form (100k PDF) with the appropriate information to request the change. This request will require your supervisor's approval.
Requests for cash advances can be established on the travel card. Please complete the Travel Card Application and User Agreement Form (100k PDF) with the appropriate information and send it to Procurement Services. This request will require you to complete the business purpose and also require your supervisor's approval on the form.
Cash Advances must be activated with a PIN number.Contact Chase customer service at 800-316-6056 and listen for PIN option.The last 4 digits of your Social Security Number are your initial password.